Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

On the Brink

I'm struggling with depression. I can tell by the way that I can't seem to focus on anything requiring much thought or effort. The only activities that are truly captivating me are mindless and escapist... reading, napping, playing games on my phone. I've stopped frequenting my favorite forums... well, to be more accurate, I peruse them listlessly, but don't stop to post.

All of this is understandable, but comes at a bad time. I have an online class that I need to finish by tomorrow. I still haven't done my taxes. There is a heap of laundry on the bed.

And I don't want to do anything. At all.

Fortunately, I can indulge in this starting tomorrow night. I just have to get myself through my responsibilities until then. Then we are off to the beach to spend some time with some good friends who have no agenda other than relaxation. I'm hoping that it will be enough to snap me out of this. Until then, I have to keep slogging through.

3 comments:

  1. Lots of love, Jessy. Thinking of you. Hope your trip to the beach was all you hoped.

    <3 Boots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Boots. I was going to do some writing while I was gone, but didn't have internets. So I'll do some catching up in the next day or so.

    The trip was great and gave me some of that down time that I've been needing. I'll pop in to check on you soon.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel a lot like you do.. so many external pressures and not enough time for myself. All I want is to start a family, but that is something I cannot control. It's frustrating to no end. xoxo, taxi

    ReplyDelete