Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Healing Patchwork Baby Blanket

I lost my first baby on Nov 5th, 2010… the loss was so early that I hadn’t even had a positive pregnancy test yet… just a few symptoms and a hunch. My pregnancy was confirmed after it had ended.

I lost my second baby three days ago on June 14, 2011. For a handful of days I was blissfully pregnant and already beginning to make plans for the future. One plan was to knit a blanket for our baby… I even bought a Stitchionary with the intent to use a different stitch pattern for each square.

Rather than scrapping the idea… or postponing it… I have decided that it might be healing to go ahead and make my blanket. I’m not sure if I will keep it when I am finished or if I will donate it to someone in need. I will make that decision when the time comes. What I hope the blanket will be is a labor of love, and a letting go, and a soothing of raw emotions. I will post each square as I knit them and then the blanket when all is stitched together.

No comments:

Post a Comment