Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Forget-me-not

A thoughtful co-worker gave me a card the other day. Inside was this necklace with an attached card that said "Let Hope Bloom: Wear this necklace and watch your hopes and dreams bloom into life. Never give up." I think the flower is a forget-me-not. If its not, don't tell me because I rather like the sentiment. The necklace means a lot to me and I've not taken it off since I received it. I find it comforting and touch it throughout the day when I need something tangible to hold on to.

I ordered my own special necklace a week ago, but it won't arrive for several more weeks. This one is perfect in the meantime and I may wear both of them when my new one arrives. If not, this little necklace will always be close by.

I told all of my co-workers this time around and I am so very glad that I did. I told the parents as well. Telling others has spared me from so much unintended pain and has brought much needed support. As difficult a time as this is, I feel truly blessed to be surrounded by so much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment